Canyons School District Graduation Requirements
Canyons also offers Honors and Advanced Diplomas
In order to apply for an Advanced or Honors diploma, print and complete the. Applications for Honors and advance dipolmas are due to the Counseling Center. Please see Mrs. J about this.
The requirements for the Advanced diploma include all the requirements of the Standard diploma, with additional requirements of:
- Two of the three science credits must include Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
- Two years of a world language in grades 8-12 (Note: The Utah Regents' Scholarship requires that two years of a world language be completed in grades 9-12.)
The requirements for honors diplomas include all the requirements of the Standard and Advanced diplomas, with the additional requirement of meeting the ACT College Readiness Benchmark Scores of:
- English: 18
- Reading: 22
- Math: 22
- Science: 23
Make-Up Credits/Online Credit
Statewide Online Education Program information about online courses and programs available through the Statewide Online Education Program.
Students who fail courses needed for graduation must make up those credits outside of the regular school day. They may not retake the same course as part of their regular day program. Options for Make-Up Credits Include:
- Hillcrest High School make-up packet ($35 per quarter)
- Summer School at Valley High School (Contact your counselor or Valley High at 801-572-7035)
- Canyons Virtual High School($35 per quarter)
- Brigham Young University Independent Study courses
- Course work at other institutions accredited by the Utah State Board of Education
UTAH FUTURES: UtahFutures.org is Utah's career information system for students, job seekers, employment service providers, educational institutions and more. UtahFutures features cutting-edge career planning tools, leading labor market information, job search success skills, education and training options, and direct links to Utah employers and current employment opportunities.