Hillcrest High School
October 16, 2019
Utah Civil Rights Parents Survey:
Parents: Each year, USBE is federally mandated to conduct “Civil Rights Onsite Reviews”. This year Hillcrest is one of the Utah sites that will receive this review. As part of this review our students, staff and parents are asked to complete an anonymous online survey. It is important that we get an appropriate level of response from our community so we are asking parents to take 10 to 15 minutes of their time to complete this survey. These surveys do not ask for any personal information and are truly anonymous. The results go to the USBE representative over the review so please be honest with your responses. The representative conducting these surveys wanted to emphasize that they will be the only one to see the results and only in aggregate form. These surveys need to be completed by October 24th.
Parent ONLY Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Hillcrest_HS_Parent_Survey
Rigor. Relevance. Relationships
Say Boo to the Flu
“Say Boo to the Flu” Clinic will be at Hillcrest High School on October 22nd from 3:30pm-7:00 pm in A102. This event is open to all families, including staff and faculty at the school. If you have insurance, your insurance will be billed. Please bring your insurance card with you. If you do not have insurance- the shot will be FREE. CNS will donate $2 per eligible immunization back to Hillcrest!
Medical & Vision Mobile Clinics
Mobile medical clinic by Utah Partners for Health will visit Hillcrest High School on October 23rd, 2019 from 8:00-3:00pm. Free Primary Medical Care Services Include: High Blood Pressure Care // Diabetes Screening and Care // Anxiety and Depression Care // Pap smear and Clinical Breast Exams // Cholesterol Screening// Acute or Chronic Care. Call for your free appointment! 385.204.6257
For vision only: If your child needs glasses, this is the opportunity for them to have an eye exam and get a FREE pair of glasses. All they need to do is pick up a form from Dr. Martinez in B106. The vision clinic will be October 23 from 8:00-3:00pm. Parent/guardian permission to visit the mobile clinic is required. Space is limited to 25 students.
Husky Strong Parent Meetings:
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:00-7:00pm
Annual FAFSA Completion Night, Room: Hillcrest Library.
- Seniors, it’s FAFSA Time! Join us for Annual FAFSA Completion Night. FAFSA Representatives, the college access advisor, and counselors from Hillcrest will be available to answer questions about the FAFSA and help complete the application. This event will be held in English and Spanish. For more information, contact Olivia Cordova at (801) 826-6092.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:00-7:00pm
Communication & Connection with Your Teen, Room: AT 200
- This workshop discusses effective ways to strengthen communication with your teen. We will have counselor Ms. Stephanie Johnston discuss recognizing the signs and symptoms of risky behaviors and helping your child.
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:00-7:00pm
Choose Gang Free Parent Workshop, Room: AT 200
- Choose Gang Free provides prevention and intervention for students and youth across Salt Lake County. They provide education for students, parents, teachers and communities on the effects of gang membership, recruitment and means to protect children from experiencing these things. Learn how to identify possible gang membership, if your child may be going down that path and how you can help them or any child in need.
UCAW(Utah College Application Week):
Dear Seniors and Families,
During next week, October 21-25, Hillcrest High School will join the Utah System of Higher Education in sponsoring Utah College Application Week (UCAW). During this week, all seniors expecting to graduate in 2020 will be encouraged to apply for admission to at least one college or university, if they have not already done so.
The purpose of this event is to acquaint students with the college application process and to communicate the importance of applying to college. Our goal is to support current high school seniors in completing a viable application for post-secondary education.
We will be holding three Application Days on Tuesday 10/22, Wednesday 10/23, and Thursday 10/24 during the students’ Language Arts class. To ensure that students are able to complete the college application(s), please make sure they have the following information with them on their Application Day:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number or Utah ID Number
- Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
- ACT Test Score
- Credit Card Number and Expiration Date to pay for application(s)
Some colleges are waiving their application fee during UCAW. We will supply the students with those promotion codes on their application day.
Thank you for your support of this exciting initiative to encourage all Utah students to make education after high school a part of their future! Please refer to the 3 attachments for the applications and the calendar of events for UCAW week. UCAW schedule UCAW worksheet UCAW Worksheet - Spanish
Hillcrest Counseling Center
Husky Howl Dance Information & Dress Code:
On October 26th, 2019 Hillcrest High School will have the Husky Howl Dance (Halloween Dance). As part of our school wide efforts to keep students safe, we are now requiring students who want to bring a date or friend from another school, to fill out the Guest Request Form. We have attached the Guest Request Form to this SkyAlert. Guest Request Form
We will also provide copies of this form in the main office for students to pick-up. Students will be asked to provide student ID to get entrance into the dance. If students do not provide that they will not be allowed in the dance. Students coming from other schools must bring their ID along with the Guest Request Form. If they cannot produce those, they will not be allowed in the dance.
Hillcrest students must accompany a Guest. This means the ratio must be 1 Hillcrest student to every 1 Guest Student. No exceptions allowed.
Hillcrest High school
School Dance Dress Code Requirements
Halloween Dance (Husky Howl), Saturday; October 26, 2019
For those students who would like to dress up for the Halloween Dance (Husky Howl), they are more than welcomed to, as long as they follow the guidelines listed below. Regular school rules regarding the dress code must be followed.
- No masks, no more than 50% of your face can be painted, canes, sticks, glow sticks, or weapon-like items of any kind are allowed. No fake blood or other substances that will spill or cause a mess will be allowed.
- Students may not wear anything suggestive or provocative in nature. No underwear as outerwear will be allowed.
- Nothing that promotes the use of illegal substances or activities, derogatory or disrespectful or portrays violence.
- Students must show respect to other students by not touching, defacing or insulting other students' costumes.
- Students must show respect for others by not choosing costumes that are insensitive and/or offensive to the diverse backgrounds represented by others at our school.
BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE!
Anyone who does not follow the Halloween Dance Dress Code will be subject to the dress code violation consequences or further disciplinary action such as a call home for a change of clothing, no admission into the dance or removal from the dance. If you our your student have questions on whether their costume follows the dress code, please reach out to the Assistant Principal over your student. Please make every effort to keep this Dance fun and safe for all students. For further dress code information click on the following link. Canyons District Dress Code.
HHS Social Media:
Follow Hillcrest High School on Social Media!
Facebook: Official Hillcrest High School
SBO Instagram: @hillcrestsbo
Make sure to read the latest news articles and view photo galleries at https://hillcresthuskies.com/
- October 16th, IB Scholarship/Financial Aid Application Due.
- October 16th, 7:00pm-9:00pm, Football vs. Cottowood
- October 17th-18th: No School Fall Recess
- October 21st, 2:30pm-4:15pm, After School Credit Recovery @ B106
- October 21st , 6:00pm-8:00pm, Baseball Parent Meeting @ Cafeteria
- October 22nd, 2:30pm-4:15pm, After School Credit Recovery @ B106
- October 22nd, 3:30pm-7:30pm, Flue Clinic @ A106
- October 22nd , 6:00pm-8:00pm, Volleyball vs. Brighton @ Hillcrest (Senior Night)