Hillcrest High School
January 30, 2019
College Day for Juniors is where representatives from every college/university (this includes technical colleges!) in the state of Utah visit local high schools. On Thursday, January 31st at 12:10pm, we will be holding our annual College Day for our juniors. You can learn great information and potentially win some swag. This is your opportunity to hear three presentations prepared by representatives of the colleges that you are interested in attending. To help with the sign-in process, please check your personal email (or your parents’) for registration information (though this is not required for attendance). *There will only be A lunch on this day.*
Course Selections for 2019-20
February is CTE Month!
CTE Teacher posters will be placed outside the Career Center for you to get know our amazing CTE teachers and classes offered here at Hillcrest High. Please stop and check them out.
There will be a find the CTE Football, some morning Trivia questions and PRIZES!
Hillcrest High School—Community School
Parents/Guardians are part of the team in student’s academic success! Join us for our Monthly Parent Meetings from 6:30pm-7:30pm in AT-200.
- Tuesday, February 12
- Tuesday, March 12
- Tuesday, April 19
- Tuesday, May 14
BE GREAT, MISS LESS THAN EIGHT
A student who misses more than two days per month of high school is 7.4X more likely to not graduate #BeHere2GetThere #BeGreatMisslessthanEight
- Attendance Tips for Parents/Guardian
- Let your children know that you think showing up for school every day is important.
- Take an interest in your child’s school work and be involved in school activities.
- Post the school calendar somewhere prominently in the home.
- Establish a routine and healthy school-night habits, such as getting to bed early and reading before bed, instead of watching TV.
- Set the morning alarm early enough to provide students ample time to get dressed and eat breakfast.
- Support your children in getting to school on time: Give them a ride if they’re running late or they miss the bus, or arrange to carpool with other families.
- Try to schedule doctor and dental appointments after school.
MOBILE VISION & MOBILE MEDICAL CLINIC
Utah Partners for Health will be here at Hillcrest High School on Tuesday, April 9.
If your child needs glasses, please contact Andrea Martinez at 801-826-6167.
For appointments for the medical clinic, call (385) 204-6257.
Parent Connections is a website designed by Canyons School District to be a technology resource for parents. The website provides resources that will address academics, communication, safety, and available technology in Canyons District. Learn more athttp://parentconnections.canyonsdistrict.org/
Canyons Family Learning Center—Student Advocacy & Access
Adult education program at the Family Learning Centers offers classes for parents to earn a high school diploma, learn English, basic computer skills, “plazas comunitarias,” parenting skills, and other content such as managing conflict, financial literacy, and nutrition. For more information, visit:http://www.canyonsdistrict.org/family-literacyHillcrestHigh School—Community School
- January 30, 7:00 p.m. Concerto Night Concert @ Auditorium
- February 1, Wrestling 6A State Competition
- February 1, 5:15 p.m. Girls’ Basketball @ Granger High School
- February 1, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball @ Hillcrest High School
- February 2, UVU State Drill Competition
- February 5, 3:30 Husky Fair @ Hillcrest High School
- February 5, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball @ Hunter High School
- February 5, 5:15 p.m. Girls’ Basketball @ Hillcrest High School
- February 6, 7:00 p.m. Zero Fatalities @ Hillcrest High School
- February 8-9, 6A State Swimming Competition
- February 9, 7:00 p.m. Sweet Hearts Dance @ Real Tinto Stadium