Beginning Monday, November 26th, the front east parking lot (450 parking stalls) at HHS will be closed due to construction. The parking & traffic flow map can be found on our web page @ https://hillcrest.canyonsdistrict.org
Maps will be distributed on Thursday Nov. 15th during APP to Junior and Senior drivers to study and take home. Parking & traffic flow maps can also be picked up in our main office.
Student May Park In:
- The lower lot off the main entrance into HHS – this has been our overflow lot min the past. Students will enter and exit this parking lot from Husky Drive.
- The south portion of the driver’s ed range, which will be designated for students. Students will enter and exit this parking lot from Husky Drive. (This parking lot will be closed at 3:30 so all cars must be removed from this lot before that time)
- The main rear parking lot (410 parking stalls), formerly our baseball field. Students will access this lot by driving along the west property line to the rear of HHS. Students must enter and exit this parking from 700 East.
Faculty May Park In:
- The north portion of the driver’s ed range, which will be designated for faculty parking. (This parking lot is closed at 3:30)
- The west side of the school behind the shop fences.
- The back parking lot between AT building and Cafeteria.
Visitor Parking and parent drop off:
- Visitors will park in the north driver’s ed parking lot as designated.
- Parent drop off will be at the west end of the driver’s ed range. Parents entering the HHS parking lot from 700 East will drop off students and must exit on to Husky Drive. Parents entering the HHS parking lot from Husky Drive will drop off students and must exit onto 700 East.
Safety and Time Considerations:
- Due to these traffic constraints, drivers should add 20 minutes to their time schedule.
- When entering and exiting on to 700 East, drivers should remain patient and watch carefully for pedestrians.
- All drivers should give busses and construction vehicles the right of way as they exit onto 700 East.
- The driver’s ed range must be cleared by 3:30pm on days driver’s ed will be held. These will be announced via the school PA system.
- When exiting the back parking lot onto 700 East, drivers should watch for cars coming from the parent drop off lane turning left on to 700 East.
- Depending on traffic patterns and the number of cars exiting onto 700 East, HHS may choose to limit drop off traffic in the afternoon to one direction. This would likely mean parents picking up students would be required to enter on 700 East and exit on to Husky Drive.
Safe Walking Routes:
- Safe walking routes are shown in red on the parking & traffic flow map. Students should use cross walks and designated walking areas.
- Students in the rear parking lot should use the gravel pathway to the rear of the building and enter the school through the cafeteria.
- For evening activities the public should use the rear parking lot and enter the gym area through the North gym doors.
One addition to our new parking guidelines starting on the 26th of November. You should know that in the past we have provided overflow parking for students who were not allowed to purchase parking permits due to NG’s. The rule of not selling parking permits to students who have NG’s is still in force. Due to the need for parking stalls for students who have permits, HHS will not provide a non-permit overflow parking lot until further notice. HHS will announce the selling of parking permits to students who are eligible to purchase a parking permit after the new parking guidelines go into effect , if and when we determine that we have empty stalls. Those who have been using the overflow parking off of Husky drive will need to arrange alternative transportation other than driving a car without a parking permit to school.
Finally, HHS expects your patience and cooperation. Students who do not have parking passes or disregard safe and reasonable parking and traffic rules will not be allowed to bring a vehicle to school.