Hillcrest High School Academic Letter Award
The Hillcrest High School Academic Letter Award represents academic excellence. Applicants who meet the following criteria and who submit a completed application will be considered for the award. All applications need to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office before 3:00 pm Friday, May 4th 2018, in order to be reviewed and verified in time for the Academic Letter breakfast.
- Applicants MUST be enrolled in a minimum of four academic core courses (as listed below) all three quarters.
- Applicants will have maintained a 3.5 GPA for three consecutive quarters for attendance at Hillcrest High School during the current school year.
- Applicants may apply each year they are in attendance at Hillcrest High School.
- An applicant's official report card record must consist of passing grades only. (An Incomplete or an "F" or an "NG" in any subject disqualifies any applicant.)
- "P" grades will not be accepted except in classes where only Pass/Fail grades are required.
- Applicants must have regular attendance.
All courses in the following areas
- English/Language Arts (classes that count as English credit in the Canyons District Catalog_
- Foreign Language
- Mathematics (classes that count as Math credit in the Canyons District Catalog)
- Science (classes that count as Science credit in the Canyons District Catalog)
- Social Studies (classes that count as Social Studies credit in the Canyons District Catalog)
- CTEC and JATC courses qualify as 2 credits in Core subject areas only (classes that count as Enlighs, Math, Science, or Social Studies credit in the Canyons District Catalog)
To view the Canyons Course Catalog, click here.
Click here for the Academic Letter application or it can also be picked up at the Registrar's window.
**Applications are due before 3:00 pm on May 4th**