On Monday September 25th, Hillcrest High School will be hosting a Financial Aid Night for all seniors and their parents. This meeting will take place in room AT200 at 5:30 pm & 6:30 pm. Hillcrest counselors will be presenting valuable information on financial aid options for college as well as answering any questions that you might have.
We hope to see you there!
Hillcrest High School
September 13, 2017
Parent Teacher Conferences: Please note that dates are on Monday, September 25 and Tuesday, September 26. Hillcrest teachers will be in their classrooms except Healthy Life Styles teachers. They will be in the E Hall (hall west of breezeway leading to gyms). Student leaders will also be in halls to assist parents in finding rooms. Please bring your students to Parent Teacher Conferences to help facilitate discussions with teachers and find class rooms. A teacher room list will be available in front halls if needed. We encourage all students and parents to make arrangements to attend PTC on either Monday or Tuesday. This is a valuable time to meet with teachers in the classrooms and discover what it is like to be a Husky. School will not be held on Friday, September 29, however, there will be a football game @ Cyprus at 7 PM. Come and support the Huskies.
H Town Community! What a privilege to be a part of such a great institution and culture that is Hillcrest High School. We, as well as you, are looking forward to a great school year. As parents and students, you define “great school year” as a school that is organized, supportive, student oriented, and academically focused. This is our hope and determined goal: to make a great school year happen for all students. HHS is working hard this year and beyond to be about rigor, relevance, and relationships.
In these endeavors of rigor, relevance, and relationships, we are expecting students to have an experience here at H Town that may be new to them.
- Student recognition program: “Story Cards” introduced to students first week of school. Story cards are given out by teachers for good behavior and are redeemable for food and prizes.
- WWHD! "What would Harvey do” This acronym was initiated by students this year. See student video on web page, very cute.
- Taco Friday for students with perfect attendance over the previous week. Free tacos! Recognition on most Fridays for perfect attendance while funds lasts.
- School and department awards given to students during games and assemblies for behavior, attendance, improvement, academics, etc.
- Engaging note-taking strategies which involves students recording main points, questions and written summary statements of texts and discussions.
- Reading skills built from inquiry, as well as informational based texts, to increase understanding and depth of knowledge.
- Heightened expectations in all classes: Language Arts teachers will lead out through increased writing instruction and expect all students to write more. This requires students to prepare for class with reading assignments completed at home in order to demonstrate comprehension through writing. Every L. A. teacher has been allocated 38 computers for students to use for writing in the classroom.
H Town is filled with good people doing their very best. We value your realistic feedback, and also need your help and support as parents and patrons of HHS.
- September 13, Life Touch Picture Day
- September 13, 3:30 p.m. Soccer @ Hillcrest
- September 13, 7:30 p.m. Soccer/Football Fundraiser @ Stadium
- September 13, 7:00 p.m. Powder Puff Football and Drive in movie @ Hillcrest
- September 14, 7:00 p.m. Burning of the H in stadium
- September 14, 3:30 p.m. Tennis @ Hillcrest
- September 14, 3:30 p.m. Sophomore Football @ Hillcrest
- September 14, 6:00 p.m. Volleyball @ Hillcrest
- September 15, 7:00 a.m. Skill USA opening social AT111
- September 15, 7:30 a.m. Husky Huddle in AT200
- September 15, 8:00 a.m. Homecoming Assembly in auditorium
- September 15, 11:00 a.m. Perfect Attendance Taco Friday
- September 15, 2:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Flu shot available in rm A106
- September 15, 7:00 p.m. Homecoming Football game vs Granger at Hillcrest
- September 16, 8:00 a.m. Cross Country BYU Invitational
- September 16, 7:00 p.m. Homecoming Dance
- September 19, 3:30 p.m. Tennis @ Hillcrest
- September 19, 6:00 p.m. Volleyball @ Cyprus
- September 20, 7:00 a.m. Hope Squad Meeting rm D224
- September 20, 1:00 p.m. Golf @ Glenmoor Golf Course
- September 20, 3:30 p.m. Soccer @ Hillcrest
- September 20, 3:30 p.m. Tennis @ Hillcrest
- September 21, 11:00 a.m. Keys to Success Lunch time Visit
- September 21, 3:30 p.m. Sophomore Football Game @ Pleasant Grove
- September 21, 6:00 p.m. Volleyball @ Hillcrest
- September 22, No Students Professional Development
- September 23, Performing Arts Mattress Sale Fundraiser
- September 23, 7:00 a.m. IB ALBWSU Conference in Stem Building
- September 23, 10:00 a.m. Cross Country Invitational @ Cottonwood Complex
- September 25, 10:00 a.m. Golf Region Championship @ Talon’s Cove Golf Course
- September 25, 3:30-7:30 p.m. Parent Teacher Conferences
- September 26, 3:30-7:00 p.m. Parent Teacher Conferences
- September 26, 12:00 p.m. Girl’s Tennis Region Tournament
- September 27, 7:00 a.m. Hope Squad D224
- September 27, 8:00 a.m. 4th graders Symphony at HHS
- September 28, DECA Fall Leadership Conference @ Trolley Square
- September 28, 3:30 p.m. Soccer @ Hillcrest
- September 28, 3:30 p.m. Sophomore Football @ Granger
- September 29, NO SCHOOL
- September 28 – 30, Shakespeare Team @ Cedar City
Hillcrest Robotics Moving On
The FTC team just won their regional qualifier which gave them a spot at state on Feb. 11, 2017 at Weber State. The team faced multiple set-backs and obstacles and was fortunate in alliances. The kids all pushed through when pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. It was an improbable victory against some very worthy opponents.
For more information about the Robotics Team visit their website at www.huskyrobotics.org
Hillcrest Represented Well at DECA Central Region Competition
Hillcrest DECA Club did an amazing job last Friday at Central Region competition. Of the 56 students who participated, 43 placed in the top 3 of their events with 20 - 1st place, 11 - 2nd place, and 12 - 3rd place finishers in Apparel & Accessories, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism and other events. Seven students scored in the top 10% on written tests. The students are thrilled about the possibilities to come at the State competition on February 23 and 24. Congratulations DECA students on representing Hillcrest so well!