Party Like It's 1999!!!
Hillcrest Grad Night will be Tuesday, June 6th from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am at the Dimple Dell Recreation Center. See attached flyer for details.
Tickets go on sale this week during both lunches. Future sale dates to be announced. Ticket prices discounted to $25 until June 1st. Waiver form from Dimple Dell must be signed by a parent and turned in at the time of ticket purchase.
Grad Night Forms:
May 10, 2017
Next year, we will be tightening up and re-enforcing our parking permit and attendance policies. This policy states: No parking permits will be issued to students with NG’s on their academic record at the time of purchase. In other words, students wishing to purchase a parking permit next year must have cleared all existing NG’s prior to purchasing a permit. A Student Parking Permit allows students to park in the large main parking lot, driver’s ed range, and side parking lot. Parking in these places is a privilege we reserve for students who attend classes regularly, follow parking lot rules, and provide documentation/payment for a parking permit. While we do have an overflow lot for students who do not have a permit, space there is extremely limited and is not guaranteed.
To Clear Current 4th Quarter NG’s:
Students who currently have NG’s in 4th quarter classes need to work those out with their classroom teachers. This is especially important for Seniors, who will not be allowed to walk at graduation if they have NG’s in 4th quarter classes that are required for graduation. Please refer to the Loss of Credit (NG) Not Cleared section of the attendance policy posted on the Hillcrest website for more information about seniors and NG’s.
To Clear Previous Quarter NG’s:
Students who need to clear NG’s from previous quarters or years need to pick up a green card in the attendance or counseling offices. These cards give students multiple options to choose from in order to clear NG’s. These options range from having 10 days of perfect attendance to completing service hours.
To help students out with NG make up, we will be holding a service day after school from 3-5pm on May 24th. Students who attend this service day for the full two hours will be able to clear one NG. Please have your student sign up in the attendance office if he/she would like to participate in this opportunity.
Hillcrest High School Administration
- May 17, 3:00 p.m. Lifetime Fitness testing out go to G105
- May 17, 6:00 p.m. Tennis Banquet Cafeteria
- May 18 – 20, 7:00 p.m. “Mirrors” Production in Auditorium
- May 18, 6:00 p.m. Softball Banquet Stem Building
- May 19 – 20, State Tennis @ Liberty Park
- May 19 – 20, State Track and Field @ BYU
- May 20, 9:00 a.m. State Orchestra @ Salem Hills
- May 22, 6:00 p.m. Dance Company Banquet
- May 22 – 26, Art Show @ AT200
- May 23, 7:00 p.m. Spring Choir Concert in Auditorium
- May 24, 7:00 p.m. Dance Show Case in Auditorium
- May 24, 6:00 p.m. Cross-Country Parent Meeting in Media Center
- May 24 -25, All Library Books are DUE
- May 25, 7:00 p.m. Jazz/Percussion Final Concert
- May 26, 8:00 a.m. Academic Breakfast in Cafeteria
- May 26, 12:00 p.m. Senior Decision Day
- May 27, 7:00 p.m. Callie Awards
- May 29, Memorial Day No School
- May 30 – June 1, Locker Clean Out
- June 1, 5:30 p.m. IB Dinner in Stem Building
- June 1, 7:00 p.m. Senior Awards by invitation
- June 2 & 5, 8:00 a.m. Mandatory Graduation Practice for All Walking Seniors
- June 2, 11:00 a.m. Senior Panoramic Picture
- June 2, 12:00 p.m. Yearbook Stomp
- June 2, 7:00 p.m. Pops Concert in Auditorium
- June 3, 7:00 p.m. Senior Dinner Dance @ Rice-Eccles Stadium
- June 5, 10:30 a.m. Senior BBQ
- June 5, 1:20 p.m. Traditions End of Day Assembly
- June 6, 10:00 a.m. Graduation @ Maverick Center West Valley City
Class Schedules for 2017-18 School Year
On Wednesday, May 10th ALL students will receive their schedule for the 2017-18 school year in their 1st period class. Middle school students can pick up their schedule from their respective counseling center or view online through Skyward.
2017-18 Schedule Changes
If you would like to change your schedule for next year you will need to do so through Arena Scheduling, 5/10/17-5/22/17
It is possible that you may drop a class and not be able to add it back to your schedule because it is full, so use caution. Also, if you are unable to add other classes it is because the class is full.
How to use Arena:
- Login to Skyward Family Access
- Use your Student Login and Password to access your information
- Click on Arena Scheduling in the left hand menu and select 2017-18 School Year
- Select “View/Print Schedule” to view your scheduled classes
- To drop a class click on the class name. You will then be prompted if you are sure you want to remove the class. If you drop a class, there is no guarantee you will be able to add it later. Be careful in what you drop!
- To add a class, close the “View/Print Schedule” Search for classes by period, subject, teacher and click on the add button if available
- There is no save button, when a change is made it is automatically saved
- Specific instructions can be found through this tutorial
- If you need help adjusting your schedule the Career Center will be open before and after school May 15th – 22nd with counselors available to answer questions
- There will be NO schedule changes with counselors at the beginning of the year so be sure to make the changes NOW
Click here for Graduation Rules, Information and Deadlines 2017
Hillcrest Robotics Moving On
The FTC team just won their regional qualifier which gave them a spot at state on Feb. 11, 2017 at Weber State. The team faced multiple set-backs and obstacles and was fortunate in alliances. The kids all pushed through when pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. It was an improbable victory against some very worthy opponents.
For more information about the Robotics Team visit their website at www.huskyrobotics.org
Hillcrest Represented Well at DECA Central Region Competition
Hillcrest DECA Club did an amazing job last Friday at Central Region competition. Of the 56 students who participated, 43 placed in the top 3 of their events with 20 - 1st place, 11 - 2nd place, and 12 - 3rd place finishers in Apparel & Accessories, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism and other events. Seven students scored in the top 10% on written tests. The students are thrilled about the possibilities to come at the State competition on February 23 and 24. Congratulations DECA students on representing Hillcrest so well!
Baby Ads Deadline: Due February 13th
Please turn in form to the main office at Hillcrest High School. Download document for more details.
Phone Blast:Baby Ads Deadline: Due February 13th
Pick up a form at the main office or download one off the Hillcrest Website. Please turn in your form to the main office at Hillcrest High School.