Click here for Graduation Rules, Information and Deadlines 2017
Hillcrest High School Academic Letter Award
The Hillcrest High School Academic Letter Award represents academic excellence. Applicants who meet the following criteria and who submit a completed application will be considered for the award. All applications need to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office before May 5th 2017 where they will be reviewed and verified.
- Applicants will have maintained a 3.5 GPA for three consecutive quarters for attendance at Hillcrest High School during the current school year.
- Applicants may apply each year they are in attendance at Hillcrest High School.
- An applicant's official report card record must consist of passing grades only. (An Incomplete or an "F" or an "NG" in any subject disqualifies any applicant.)
- "P" grades will not be accepted except in classes where only Pass/Fail grades are required.
- Applicants MUST be enrolled in a minimum of four academic courses (as listed below) all three quarters.
- Applicants must have regular attendance.
All courses in the following areas
- English/Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- Social Studies
- CTEC and JATC courses qualify as 2 credits in Core subject areas only. (Math, Science, English, Social Studies)
Click here for the Academic Letter application or it can also be picked up at the Registrar's window.
**Applications are due before 3:00 pm on May 5th**
Hi Huskies! Please support our awesome entrepreneurship team by voting for Hillcrest's team at,
Click "HeadShot: Concussion Diagnosis" and be sure to confirm your vote in the email that is sent to you after voting! Voting ends on Friday, April 14th. They need around 170 votes to win, so they appreciate your support!
February 1, 2017
Parents and students, we all woke up this morning thinking it was just another day. At about 9:45am that changed. We received word that we had a shooter in our building. This was not true and at no time today were your students in any danger. However, at the time we did not know that was the case and, because the warning originated from the police, the police put HHS school on lockdown.
You send your students to school everyday believing they will be safe. My report to you is that our team of teachers and staff handled the situation with professionalism and amazing skill. Students also took the threat seriously and followed directions. When the lockdown was over and students began to pour out into the halls, I was touched by the care students attended to each other with. Hugs, smiles, conversations and appropriate questions were all in good order as 2400 students found common ground in an event that for a time scared them, but also brought them closer together.
Together we are collectively saddened that this is our reality but HHS is Husky Strong! Thanks, for your support and trust in us. We thank our police for their courage and quick reaction. In all of this, we also know that in emergencies no plan is without flaws. If you have feedback, we are interested in hearing it.
- Feb 2, State Drill Competition UVU
- Feb 2, Wrestling Divisional @ Legacy Events Center, Farmington
- Feb 2, Job Shadow Day
- Feb 3, 7:30 a.m. Husky Huddle (AT200)
- Feb 3, 9:30 a.m. Pre-school field trip to Living Planet Aquarium
- Feb 3, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball Game @ Hillcrest
- Feb 3, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball Game @ Kearns
- Feb 4, State Drill State Championships
- Feb 6, 6:00 FBLA State Parent Meeting (AT200)
- Feb 7, Registration 9th and 10th grade Counselor class presentations
- Feb 7, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball Game @ HHS
- Feb 7, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball Game @ Olympus
- Feb 8, Wrestling State Tournament @ UVU
- Feb 9, Wrestling State Tournament @ UVU
- Feb 10, Swimming State Tournament @ BYU
- Feb 10, No School for Students
- Feb 10, No School for Students
- Feb 10, 7:00 p.m. Renaissance Fest (auditorium)
- Feb 10, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball Game @ Murray
- Feb 10, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball Game @ HHS
- Feb 11,Swimming State Tournament@ BYU
- Feb 11, 7:00 p.m. Renaissance Fest (auditorium)
Hillcrest Robotics Moving On
The FTC team just won their regional qualifier which gave them a spot at state on Feb. 11, 2017 at Weber State. The team faced multiple set-backs and obstacles and was fortunate in alliances. The kids all pushed through when pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. It was an improbable victory against some very worthy opponents.
For more information about the Robotics Team visit their website at www.huskyrobotics.org
Hillcrest Represented Well at DECA Central Region Competition
Hillcrest DECA Club did an amazing job last Friday at Central Region competition. Of the 56 students who participated, 43 placed in the top 3 of their events with 20 - 1st place, 11 - 2nd place, and 12 - 3rd place finishers in Apparel & Accessories, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism and other events. Seven students scored in the top 10% on written tests. The students are thrilled about the possibilities to come at the State competition on February 23 and 24. Congratulations DECA students on representing Hillcrest so well!