HHS After School Classes for NG Make Up
For who: (1) Students needing to clear current NGs that have a C or better and (2) Students with prior NGs
When: Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting November 29th
Time: 2:35pm-3:20 pm
With whom: Lizbeth Velazquez, Social Worker
What: Curriculum based NG make-up covering the following topics: Barriers to getting to class(es), Student Engagement Plan, and Goal Setting.
Students must fill out (from your CSDDocs account) this form: tinyurl.com/HHSNGmakeup at least a day prior to attending a session. No drop-ins will be allowed. Limited spots available, first come, first served.
Hillcrest High School
November 15, 2017
The time has come for another amazing production from our performing arts students here at H Town. This year’s production, as you know, is Les Miserables, with performances starting on November 16th, 17th, 18th and the 20th. Tickets have sold fast but a few may be left. For ticket information go to our web page, http://hhs.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php Musical productions are open to the general student body to participate. This production as all musicals performed at Hillcrest involves our theatre, choir, orchestra, band and dance students and general student body totaling 350 students. All these groups are putting in long hours to deliver a perfect show. Then we have the stage crew who do such an amazing job making everything from sets, lights, stunts and sound all come together to make this year’s musical absolutely stunning. As principal, I am amazed at the time and efforts put forth by faculty and students who have participated in these productions. However, in considering all this, one must thank parents and community for their support which is key and appreciated. HPAA continues to support the arts at HHS. This parent support group over the years has donated countless hours to the students and community of HHS. Events such as these don’t happen without all of us coming together and supporting the idea of doing hard and big things. This production is a big thing and we hope all have a meaningful experience.
On another note, thank you to students and parents for small increases in our attendance from last year. Husky Strong Arm and Taco Friday for perfect attenders seemed to help give the attendance data below. Parents, thanks for your diligence in supporting student attendance.
2016-17: Week of 11/7 - 11/11/2016
2017-18: Week of 11/6 - 11/10/2017
Battle of the Bands
Bands may be from any musical style.
Additional information, Rules & Entry Forms in Main Office.
Entry forms are Due December 1
Battle & Stomp January 20
Sponsored by your PTSA
- November 14, 7:00 a.m. National Honor Society Meeting
- November 14, 6:00 p.m. Husky Strong Parent Meetings
- November 15, IB Examine Registration Last Day
- November 15, Lunch Time Josten Senior Orders in hall way
- November 15, 9:00 a.m. Musical for Middle Schools
- November 15, 5:00 p.m. School Community Council Administrative Conference Room
- November 16, 2:45 p.m. School of Life in AT200
- November 16-20, 7:00 p.m. Musical Les Miserables Auditorium
- November 17, 7:30 a.m. Husky Huddle AT200
- November 17-18, Debate @ Juan Diego
- November 21, 11:30 a.m. PTA Meeting Administrative Conference Room
- November 21, 6:00 p.m. Wrestling Green and White Match
- November 21, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball @ Hillcrest
- November 21, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball @ Timpview
- November 22-24, No School Thanksgiving Recess
- November 27, 8:00 a.m. Spontaneous Assembly Large Gym
- November 28, NHS Mandatory Meetings JR rm B103, SR. rm C206
- November 28, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball @ HHS Endowment Game
- November 28, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball @ Corner Canyon
- November 29 – Dec 2, Cross-country Trip
- November 29, 3:00 p.m. Debate Adam Perry Duals @ Hillcrest
- December 1, 7:30 a.m. Husky Huddle @ AT200
- December 1, 7:00 p.m. Boys’ Basketball @ Skyline
- December 1, 7:00 p.m. Girls’ Basketball @ Clearfield
- December 1, Battle of Bands Entry’s form due in main office
- December 1, 9:00 a.m. IB Parent Informational Meeting AT200
School attendance is crucial to student achievement and graduation. Be on time to class so you do not get a NG (No Grade).